Tuesday, October 23, 2012

To Facebook or Not to Facebook?

I personally do not enjoy Facebook. I used to have one but I don't have it anymore. I don't do it because it got really lame for me. But I think it can be somewhat benefitial because you can connect with others, can look at people's photos, see what other peoples up to, and more. Some people does get too exagerrated that they would post WHAT EVER THEY DO IN EVERY SECOND OF THEIR LIFE. The risk of using facebook is, you post something and everyone in whole world can see your post, pictures, and sometimes phone number. Picture can go anywhere in internet without knowing. Your private stuffs can be revealed to anyone. From the article (http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/16/magazine/why-facebook-is-after-your-kids.html?_r=0) I also think that kids under 13 should not do facebook. They are too young to control their privacy and they are not careful with it. I did have 'myspace' (wow, how long ago was that!) when I was in junior high, and I did post something stupid and I had to erase the account. My younger brother has facebook and I told him not to make one but he said that all of his friends ha one and that he feels left out not having one. So I had to let him but I still don't think it is a good idea to have facebook to little kids under 13. I mean, some highschool students can't even control themselves posting stupid stuffs!

No comments:

Post a Comment