Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Who was Shakespeare?

William Shakespeare is a very well known as play writter. However, his history is somewhat mysterious. What we do know about his life comes from registrar records, court records, wills, marriage certificates and his tombstone. Shakespeare wrote plays and poems. His plays were comedies, histories and tragedies. His most famous tragedies are Hamlet, Othello, and King Lear. Shakespeare’s best-known poems are The Sonnets. I wonder why he most of his plays end with tragedy. That is why I don't enjoy reading his plays. By the end, I get really depressed and makes me feel mad. Romeo and Juliet was the first Shakespear book I read. I knew the brief story before I read but it was actually really different than I expected. I thought whole story is tragic but it was only the ending and it hit me really hard. Shakespeare's plays are really difficult to understand, however, when I get it, I enjoy the story very well. I love discussing with other students about the book since it helps me to understand them better. The things that causes me to struggle about Shakespeare plays are his dictions and sentence structures. It is so difficult to understand his plays unless you break every single parts and read them several times. I do think Shakespeare is a great play writter however, I would be thankful if he wrote them in easier way!


http://www.biography.com/people/william-shakespeare-9480323
http://absoluteshakespeare.com/trivia/biography/shakespeare_biography.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment